我们有时候盲目地坚持,不能理智地放弃,
There are times when we so blindly cling onto something that we can't rationally let go of.
明明应该放弃的东西,
There are things that we should have just given up,
我们不理智,不能放弃它,
but we become irrational, thinking "we cannot give it up."
天天苦恼、难受。
We get distressed day by day.
苦苦地挽留昔日的人和事情,
We suffer trying to bring back people or things of the past.
那是一个傻人。
That's how ignorance comes about.
过去的人走了,就没了;
People from the past are already gone.
过去曾经是你拥有的物品,过了,不是你的了。
Things which used to be yours are in the past, they're no longer yours.
舍不得放弃的人,
One who is reluctant to let go,
增加的只有伤感,
they will gain nothing but sadness.
往往会失去更多珍贵的现在。
They are actually losing many more present moments, which are precious.
所以,随缘就是给自己一个最好的机会。
Therefore, letting nature take its course is the best opportunity that you can give to yourself.
今天无所谓,随缘了,
"Now I'm alright, I'll just go with the flow."
就有机会了。
You will then have opportunities.
学会放弃,那是一种智慧;
Hence, learning to let go is a kind of wisdom.
学会放弃,才可以获得更多的成功。
Those who learn to let go will have more accomplishments.
Buddhism in Plain Terms by Master Jun Hong Lu (with English subtitle) Episode 33
卢台长白话佛法(第三十三集)